Wafa has worked in a variety of positions within the Education sector over the past 14 years, as a Homeroom Teacher, and as a Subject Teacher. She is presently employed as an MYP Biology and IBDP Biology/ SEHS teacher.
As a Biology teacher imparting an international curriculum, her responsibility is not only to ensure that the students build on the fundamental scientific concepts but can also to apply those concepts in new situations. She also thinks that students need to work collaboratively so that they share ideas and respect each other’s opinion which will help them build Team skills preparing them for the future.
Work History & Experience:
January 2016 –present – Secondary Biology Teacher and IBDP SEHS Sports exercise
and health science) Raffles World Academy, (CIS accredited), Dubai UAE
August 2013-December 2015 - Secondary Biology Teacher, Oberoi International School
(CIS accredited), Goregaon (East), Mumbai, INDIA
June 2006-April 2013- Secondary School Teacher, Podar International School (CIS
accredited), Santacruz (West), Mumbai, INDIA
• B.Ed (Bachelor in education) Specializing in Science 2005-2006 from University of Mumbai.
• M.Sc (Animal Physiology and Biotechnology) 2003-2005 from University of Mumbai.
• B.Sc (Zoology) 2000-2003 from University of Mumbai.
• Master’s in Education from Mumbai university M.Ed. Part 1 2014-2015
• Teaching ESL Students in Mainstream Classroom (TESMC) certificate awarded by
Government of South Australia(Department for education and child development) June 2015
• MOE Subject Specialization test Biology Cycle 3 (Grade9-12)-2019-2020 from Ministry of
• Sports, exercise and health science (Cat.2)- Dubai, U.A.E-March 7- 2018 from International
• Extended Essay Examiner for IBDP Biology at International Baccalaureate since 2017.
• Completed Launching the MYP Dubai, UAE- 6/2/2017 - 6/2/2017.
• IGCSE Biology paper 6 Examiner since 2016.
• Completed a workshop on Bio Informatics in September 2015 at D.Y Patil University Navi
• Completed DP Biology Cat 1 at the IB Asia Pacific DP Cat 1& SSS Workshops, Mumbai,
India, 21-23 Feb 2014.
• IB Examiner for Biology HL Paper 3 and IA- 2014.
• Attended SAIBSA DP job alike session in Feb- 2014
• Completed the Google Basics certificate on December 18 2014.
• Completed a 3 day workshop on Google Apps in Education India Summit November 22-23,
2013 at American School of Bombay.
• Certified course in Basic First aid/ bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitations(CPR) Aug2013
• Attended 2 day workshop on Understanding by Design held at Oberoi International School
• Attended a 1 day in-house workshop on International Mindedness at Oberoi International
School August 2013.